I’m hoping that this article on color selection will give web designers a better understanding of the importance of colors.
Colors convey messages that go beyond ethnic, racial, or gender boundaries.Web design which achieves successful marketing results is sensitive to the cultural, instinctual and iconic meanings of colour in relation to the product being promoted and considers the cultural backgrounds and gender of the targeted clientèle.
When you begin the design of your Web site, one of the first things you need to do is decide on a color scheme.Color choice is a crucial decision in every website design. Learn to use color in your Web designs effectively with the color wheel, HTML color codes, and color charts.
1. Choosing the perfect chromatic palette is important in order to effectively communicate the message, to strengthen the idea of a unique entity and to create brand awareness.
2. When using colors on your Web site, you need to consider the mood you want to create and the audience you are designing for.Once you do, it will be much easier to decide on your primary and secondary colors.
3. One of the most underrated pieces of web design is the amount of whitespace a layout has. It has to be just right. Too much whitespace makes the website look sparce and too little makes it look crammed.
4. When you choose your shades, there should be enough contrast and it might be advisable to have one complementary color. For instance, if you have a set of three colors, Color One should be in contrast with the Color Two and Color Three. Alternatively, Color One could be a complement of Color Two or Color Three. Using complements is not exactly necessary but it can help you achieve nice results. Likewise, using contrasting colors is important to achieve an interesting well-balanced design. For example, try to have two light colors and one darker color. Or you can have a light color, medium light color and a dark color.
5. you’ll need to do a little homework before simply slapping any shade of purple with a similarly randomly chosen shade of yellow. For instance, a darker shade of purple and a lighter shade of yellow do not compliment one another nearly as well as a darker shade of purple and a darker shade of yellow do.
6. keep in mind that darker colors are easier to see than are lighter ones. Thus, if you choose a text color other than black, make certain it’s the darker shade of whatever complimentary color you’re using.
Tools to Help You Develop a Color Scheme:
Your color scheme must be carefully considered because the wrong choices could adversely affect your visitor’s experience at your website. you only have one chance to make good impression. Don’t blow it!!